Introduction to the School
Thank you for considering an application to teach at The Wilnecote School, an 11-16 Comprehensive school of 800 students with a full ability intake.
It is a very exciting time to be part of The Wilnecote School community.
- On 1st September 2016 we joined the Community Academies Trust, a successful group of schools that includes The Polesworth School.(click here to view a message from CEO of The Community Academies Trust)
- In November we received an Ofsted inspection which took us out of Special Measures and stated that “the actions of school leaders have led to rapid improvements in behaviour, teaching, pupils’ progress and attendance”.
- We have introduced a number of changes that will help us to ‘ensure excellence’ and achieve the vision and aspirations we have for the young people at our school.
At Wilnecote we aspire to provide an outstanding education for the children in our learning community. Joining the Community Academies Trust and coming out of special measures is simply the first stage on our learning journey as we seek to create a strong and aspirational culture based on ‘ensuring excellence’ and high levels of academic, personal and social achievement. This vision is articulated in the document ‘Ensuring Excellence’ which is on the school website. We are looking for an ambitious, dynamic and forward thinking teacher who shares our vision to join us on this journey of improvement.
As a learning community it is important to us that we work together – students, staff, parents and our family of schools in the Community Academies Trust – to provide :-
- Excellent teaching, interesting and challenging lessons and an exciting curriculum so that students are ambitious and achieve outstanding academic, personal and social outcomes.
- An inclusive learning environment that values students as individuals and in which they feel safe, happy and well cared for.
- High expectations, excellent relationships for learning and behaviour.
- Opportunities for students to develop their talents and skills and to broaden their horizons.
The school is proud of the many successes of our students – in examinations, in the Arts, in Sport, as leaders and peer mentors and in the many other activities we offer. We are committed to improving the opportunity for all students to flourish as global citizens in the 21st Century and to develop the skills of leadership, cooperation and personal responsibility.
The school is a genuine community school. The majority of young people in the area come to our school but students from across the town also come here. We remain committed to the Tame Valley Cooperative Learning Trust, a partnership of The Wilnecote School and 7 local primaries that share a common set of values and principles and a shared desire to work collaboratively and sustainably to improve the learning of young people.
It is hoped that these notes give some idea of the school and its ethos. We are seeking enthusiastic, hard-working and talented staff who share our philosophy and aspirations. All candidates for teaching posts who are called for interview will have every chance to meet staff and students and to make a considered judgement about the school.
HAYS – recruitment experts in education – now partner with The Wilnecote School to recruit new talent to all teaching and non-teaching roles. To see our current vacancies, please follow the link to HAYS specialist site for The Wilnecote School, where you will see information about recruitment. If there are no current vacancies advertised, HAYS will be happy to deal with speculative enquiries about working at The Wilnecote School.